Voodoo dolls are an iconic part of voodoo, and are a powerful way to cast voodoo spells. They are most famous for being used to curse enemies, but can also be used for love spells and money spells, or for any other need or desire.
Voodoo dolls are often used to represent a person you wish to cast a spell or curse upon. But you can also create voodoo dolls as “servitors”, or thoughtforms, that take on a life of their own to draw such things as money, wealth and luck to you.
There are no set rules. Simply use your imagination to create your voodoo doll, and to decide how best it can be used, be it as a representation of a specific person, or as a servitor.
Here’s how to make a basic voodoo doll from cloth:
- Cut a human outline from two pieces of cloth.
- Sew them together leaving a hole at the top of the head, so that the doll can be stuffed.
- Now stuff the doll with cotton wool, straw, Spanish moss or herbs that fit the intention of the spell.
- If the voodoo doll is to represent someone specific, you need to make it look like them. If he or she has brown hair, then stitch on brown wool; if they have blue eyes, use a blue felt tip to drawn them on.
- Once the doll is sewn up, keep it wrapped in a clean white or black cloth or tissue paper until it is needed.
Of course, you can make a voodoo doll out of any material – from wood to clay. I make mine with wool, wire, clay, sticks and felt, and decorate them with feathers, charms and sigils. Being intricate, they take me some time to make. If you’re in a hurry, the above cloth doll method will work just fine.
Latest posts by Doktor Snake (see all)
- Candle Burning - June 26, 2019
- You are not who you think you are - June 25, 2019
- Thoughtless – the art and practice of “not thinking” - June 22, 2019